March 19’s UFC London card continues to grow, with a bantamweight bout between Nathaniel Wood and Liudvik Sholinian announced by promotion officials on Tuesday.
The announce comes after an initial report by MMA journalist Alfredo Zullino.
Nathaniel Wood vs Liudvik Sholinian signed for #UFCLondon!
— UFC Europe (@UFCEurope) January 25, 2022
Wood (17-5) sat out all of 2021. Scheduled to face Jonathan Martinez in September, the British fighter known as “The Prospect” was forced out of the bout for undisclosed reasons. The year prior, Wood went 1-2 across three fights, losing via TKO against John Dodson before bouncing back with a decision win over John Castaneda. He finished out the year in a losing effort against Casey Kenney.
Liudvik Sholinian (9-2-1) entered the UFC by way of The Ultimate Fighter 29. Though he came up short on the show, Ukrainian fighter made his promotional debut back in September, losing a decision against Jack Shore.
Prior to The Ultimate Fighter, Sholinian had competed for Bellator MMA and LFA, among other organizations.
UFC London is set to take place on March 19, 2022 at the O2 Arena in London, England. The UFC’s return to the British capital, its first stopover since 2019, will be headlined by a heavyweight fight featuring Tom Aspinall and Alexander Volkov.
The following bouts have been reported for the card thus far:
- Alexander Volkov vs. Tom Aspinall
- Jack Shore vs. Timur Valiev
- Jake Hadley vs. Allan Nascimento
- Luana Carolina vs. Molly McCann
- Muhammad Mokaev vs Cody Durden
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Mike Grundy
- Sergei Pavlovich vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
- Arnold Allen vs. Dan Hooker
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Cláudio Silva
- Cory McKenna vs. Elise Reed
- Nathaniel Wood vs. Liudvik Sholinian