Anaheim, CA – Just hours before official weigh-ins begin for UFC 270 the card has lost yet another bout.
Ilia Topuria has been pulled from the card due to a medical issue related to cutting weight, as first reported by Gonzalo Campos of Eurosport.
Topuria (11-0) was set to take on short notice opponent Charles Jourdain (12-4-1) after Movsar Evloev withdrew from the original bout due to COVID. The bout was expected to feature on the televised portion of the event’s preliminary card.
The loss is the second hit the Anaheim card took on Friday. Earlier in the day, Rodolfo Vieira vs. Wellington Turman dropped off the docket.
UFC 270 is headlined by a title unification bout between heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou and interim champion Ciryl Gane. The co-main event is the trilogy bout for the flyweight belt between current champion Brandon Moreno and former champion Deiveson Figueiredo.
11 fights remain on the first PPV card of 2022 pending weigh-ins results:
- (C) Francis Ngannou vs. (IC) Ciryl Gane
- (C) Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
- Michel Pereira vs. Andre Fialho
- Cody Stamann vs. Said Nurmagomedov
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Victor Henry
- Jack Maddalena vs. Pete Rodriguez
- Michael Morales vs. Trevin Giles
- Tony Gravely vs. Saimon Oliveira
- Silvana Juarez vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
- Matt Frevola vs. Genaro Valdez
- Kay Hansen vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius
UFC 270 goes down Saturday, January 22 in Anaheim, CA.