A pair of exciting lightweight strikers will throw down in November.
Michael Morgan was first to report the news that Marc Diakiese will fight Rafael Alves on November 13 at UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Rodríguez. Both fighters would confirm the news on their social media. The pair were scheduled to fight on September 4; however, Alves pulled out of the fight.
Diakiese (14-4) will be returning from a year layoff when he enters the octagon in November. He had his two-fight win streak snapped in his last outing when he lost a unanimous decision to Rafael Fiziev at UFC Fight Night: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2 on ‘Fight Island.’ Prior to his loss, he defeated Lando Vannata and Joesph Duffy.
In May, Alves (19-10) had his UFC debut spoiled against Damir Ismagulov, losing a unanimous decision. The Brazilian secured a contract on season four of Dana White’s Contender Series by submitting Alejandro Flores.
UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Rodríguez will take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV. No broadcast plan has been announced.
So far, the November 13 card features the following match-ups:
- Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodríguez
- Kyle Daukaus vs. TBD
- Miguel Baeza vs. Khaos Williams
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Philipe Lins
- Felicia Spencer vs. Leah Letson
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Andrea Lee
- Lando Vannata vs. Tucker Lutz
- Ben Rothwell vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
- Sean Woodson vs. Collin Anglin
- Eryk Anders vs. Roman Dolidze
- Julio Arce vs. Song Yadong
- Thiago Moisés vs. Joel Álvarez
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Da Un Jung
- Danilo Marques vs. Jailton Almeida
- Marc Diakiese vs. Rafael Alves