“The Fighting Hawaiian” Kai Kamaka III has a date for his Bellator debut.
Multiple sources, speaking on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed to Cageside Press that Kamaka will be fighting John De Jesus on December 3 at Bellator 272. MMA DNA was the first to report the news. De Jesus was initially scheduled to fight Keoni Diggs; however, Diggs pulled out.
Kamaka (8-4-1) is coming off a draw against Danny Chavez in July in which most of the media scored the fight for the Hawaiian. After starting his UFC career out with a Fight of the Night performance against Tony Kelley, he would lose to Jonathan Pierce and then get robbed against TJ Brown at UFC on ESPN: Reyes vs. Procházka, losing a split decision. Kamaka decided to test free agency and sign with Bellator after going 1-2-1 in the UFC.
In his last outing, De Jesus (14-9) got back into the win column as he defeated John Teixeira via split decision at Bellator 261. Before that, he was knocked out by Aaron Pico at Bellator 252 last November.
Bellator 272 will take place on December 3, 2021, at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT, and will be headlined by Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi.
Bellator 272 currently looks like this.
- Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi – for featherweight title
- Jeremy Kennedy vs. Emmanuel Sanchez
- Josh Hill vs. Jared Scoggins
- John de Jesus vs. Keoni Diggs
- Killys Mota vs. Mike Hamel
- Levan Chokheli vs. Vinicius de Jesus
- Tommy Espinosa vs. Jornel Lugo
- Alexandr Shabliy vs. Bobby King
- Kyle Crutchmer vs. Oliver Enkamp
- Mandel Nallo vs. Dan Moret
- Kai Kamaka vs. John De Jesus