XMMA’s third fight card of 2021 has been announced.
On Tuesday, XMMA released the entire XMMA 3: Vice City fight card via press release. Among the familiar names on the card are former UFC flyweight title challenger John Dodson, former Bellator MMA featherweight champ Daniel Straus, and well-known UFC alum Nate Marquardt.
- John Dodson vs. Cody Gibson (Main Event)
- Daniel Straus vs. Keith Richardson (Co-Main Event)
- Nate Marquardt vs. Valdir Araujo (Main Card)
- Tyler Ray vs. John Howard (Main Card)
- Angelo Trevino vs. Jose Caceres (Main Card)
- Caio Uruguai vs. Cauatã Samuel (Main Card)
- Edir Terry vs. Tyler Wilson (Prelim)
- Jonathan Calderon vs. Kevin Fernandez (Prelim)
- Gabriel Checco vs. Simon Marini (Prelim)
- Cole Jordan vs. Mansur Abdul-Malik (Prelim)
- Josh Smith vs. Kyle Estrada (Prelim)
UFC veteran Dodson (21-12) returns to action for the first time since his release. He was supposed to return in July but was involved in a near-fatal car accident during a family trip. “The Magician” faces his original opponent Gibson (17-7), who is also a former UFC fighter.
In the co-main event of the evening, two-time Bellator featherweight champion Straus (26-9) takes on Richardson (19-11).
Marquart (36-19-2) fights for the second time since coming out of retirement and takes on Araujo (18-9).
“XMMA – one of the fastest-rising martial arts promotions in all of North America – returns to Florida for the second time this year with XMMA 3: VICE CITY – Dodson vs. Gibson, taking place at the Watsco Center in Miami on October 23. Featuring guest commentary by stand-up comedian, actor, and combat sports enthusiast Russell Peters, the event will deliver a night of action-packed mixed martial arts bouts, showcasing twenty-two fighters from a local and national level, including several UFC, Bellator, and PFL veterans.”