Charles Jourdain will welcome Andre Ewell to the featherweight division.
Multiple sources, speaking on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed to Cageside Press that Jourdan will be fighting Ewell on December 18 at UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Daukaus.
Ewell (17-8) will be making his featherweight debut in December after spending almost his entire career at bantamweight. “Mr. Highlight” is riding the first two-fight losing streak of his career, dropping a unanimous decision to Chris Gutiérrez at UFC 258 and then getting finished in his most recent outing against Julio Arce.
Jourdain (11-4) is coming off a submission loss to Julian Erosa at UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Till last month. Before that, he defeated Marcelo Rojo in an absolute classic, which got robbed for ‘Fight of the Night’ back in March. The young Canadian is 2-3-1 in the UFC and will be looking to bounce back into the win column.
Both men are incredibly exciting, and many fight fans will circle this fight as a must-watch.
UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Daukaus will take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV. No broadcast plan has been announced.
The December 18 card currently breaks down as follows:
- Derrick Lewis vs. Chris Daukaus
- Amanda Lemos vs. Nina Ansaroff
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
- Don’Tale Mayes vs. Josh Parisian
- Raphael Assunção vs. Ricky Simón
- Gerald Meerschaert vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Jordan Leavitt vs. Matt Sayles
- Justin Tafa vs. Harry Hunsucker
- Raquel Pennington vs. Julia Avila
- Andre Ewell vs. Charles Jourdain