CJ Vergara will make a quick turnaround after winning a contract on Dana White’s Contender Series.
MMA Fighting was the first to report the news that Ode Osbourne will welcome newly signed CJ Vergara to the UFC on November 4 at UFC 268. Osbourne would confirm the booking on social media.
Jamaica’s Osbourne (9-4-1) was unsuccessful in his flyweight debut at UFC 265. That fight saw Manel Kape finish him in the first round. Before that, he picked up his first UFC win by knocking out Jerome Rivera in 26 seconds. He is currently 1-2 in the UFC. Like CJ Vergara, Osbourne earned his way into the promotion on the Contender Series.
Vergara (9-2-1) is fresh off a 41-second knockout that earned him a UFC contract on season five of Dana White’s Contender Series. The 30-year-old is riding a five-fight win streak that includes a flyweight title win over Jacob Silva at Fury FC 44. All five of those wins have ended in finishes.
UFC 268 will take at Madison Square Garden in New York City on November 6. The event will feature two title fight rematches atop the card.
So far, the second to last pay-per-view of the year looks like this:
- Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington II – for the welterweight title
- Rose Namajunas vs. Zhang Weili II – for the strawweight title
- Justin Gathje vs. Michael Chandler
- Irene Aldana vs. TBD
- Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
- Luke Rockhold vs. Sean Strickland
- Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Green
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Nassourdine Imavov
- Aleksa Camur vs. John Allan
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. TJ Laramie
- Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Alex Pereira vs. Andreas Michailidis
- CJ Vergara vs. Ode’ Osbourne
- Jordan Williams vs. Ian Garry