A pair of UFC featherweights will look to get back in the win column in September.
TSN was first to report the news that Makwan Amirkhani will fight Tristan Connelly at UFC 267 on September 25. Both fighters would confirm the booking on social media.
Amirkhani (16-6) is currently on the first two-fight losing streak of his career. After getting back into the win column by submitting Danny Henry at UFC 251, “Mr. Finland” would return three months later against Edson Barboza and lose a unanimous decision. He welcomed Kamuela Kirk to the octagon in his most recent loss and would lose another unanimous decision.
In April, Tristan Connelly (14-7) had his five-fight win streak snapped at UFC 261 against Pat Sabatini. He returned to featherweight for the first time since 2015 and will give it another shot. In his promotional debut, he upset fan-favorite Michel Pereira.
UFC 267 is expected to be a free pay-per-view, and if promotion President Dana White gets his way, it will be the company’s third ABC card. Jan Blachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira will headline the event.
The UFC 267 fight card so far looks like this:
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira – for the light heavyweight title
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Petr Yan – for the bantamweight title
- Islam Makhachev vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Amanda Ribas vs. Virna Jandiroba
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Li Jingliang
- Walt Harris vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Alexander Volkov vs. Marcin Tybura
- Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Shamil Gamzatov
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Allan Nascimento
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Ricardo Ramos
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Tristan Connelly