A pair of UFC lightweights will be looking to get back into the win column in August.
ESPN Deportes first reported the news that Roosevelt Roberts vs. Ignacio Bahamondes was set for August 21 at UFC on ESPN: Cannonier vs. Gastelum. Both fighters would confirm the fight on Instagram.
After stringing together two wins, Roberts (10-2-1) has dropped two straight. A month after submitting Brok Weaver, he would be submitted by Jim Miller in the first round at UFC on ESPN: Blaydes vs. Volkov. In his third fight of 2020, “The Predator” would again get submitted in the first round, but this time in 31 seconds to a debuting Kevin Croom. Roberts might be fighting for his job come August.
Ignacio Bahamondes (11-4) had his two-fight win streak snapped in his UFC debut. He was in a three war with John Makdessi but ultimately lost a unanimous decision. “La Jaula” won a UFC contract on season four of Dana White’s Contender Series by knocking out Edson Gomez.
UFC on ESPN: Cannonier vs. Gastelum will take place at UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, and will be broadcast on ESPN.
So far, the August 21 fight card looks like this:
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Jared Cannonier
- Alexandre Pantoja vs. Brandon Royval
- Clay Guida vs. Mark O. Madsen
- Luis Saldana vs. Austin Lingo
- Fabio Cherant vs. William Knight
- Austin Hubbard vs. Vic Pichel
- Chase Sherman vs. Parker Porter
- Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte
- Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Sasha Palatnikov
- Bea Malecki vs. Josiane Nunes
- Mana Martinez vs. Jesse Strader
- Roosevelt Roberts vs. Ignacio Bahamondes