A pair of hard-hitting welterweights will throw down at a UFC event in June.
MMA Junkie was the first to report the news that Khaos Williams will fight Matthew Semelsberger on June 19 at UFC Fight Night: The Korean Zombie vs. Ige. Sources later confirmed the booking to Cageside Press.
Although Williams (11-2) is coming off his first UFC loss, he had quite the rookie year for the promotion in 2020. “The Oxfighter” stepped up on short notice to replace Dhiego Lima at UFC 247 and knocked out Alex Morono in 27 seconds. He would follow that performance up with another 30-second knockout, this time against fellow knockout artist Abdul Razak Alhassan. Williams would cap off his year a month later with a fight with Michel Pereira. He would lose a unanimous decision.
Semelsberger (8-2) made his UFC debut in 2020 as well. He defeated Carlton Minus via unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night: Munhoz vs. Edgar. “Semi The Jedi” would return for his second UFC fight this past March at UFC Fight Night: Edwards vs. Muhammad. He knocked out Jason Witt in 16 seconds to receive Performance of the Night.
The UFC’s June 19 event does not have an official location, venue, or broadcast plans announced, but it will most likely be at the UFC Apex located in Las Vegas.
The UFC’s June 19 fight card now looks like this:
- Chan Sung Jung vs. Dan Ige
- Davey Grant vs. Marlon Vera
- Matt Brown vs. Dhiego Lima
- Virna Jandiroba vs. Kanako Murata
- Roque Martinez vs. Josh Parisian
- Bruno Silva vs. Wellington Turman
- Julian Erosa vs. Seungwoo Choi
- Casey O’Neill vs. Lara Procopio
- Tyson Nam vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Khaos Williams vs. Matthew Semelsberger
- Rick Glenn vs. Joaquim Silva
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Aleksa Camur