The Sugar Show is back again.
Ryan Frederick of Wrestling Observer was first to report the news that Sean O’Malley will fight UFC veteran Louis Smolka at UFC 264 on July 10. Both fighters would confirm the news on their social media.
O’Malley (13-1) got back into the win column in March, with another highlight knockout. He received Performance of the Night by knocking out Thomas Almeida in the third round. O’Malley suffered his first professional loss last year at UFC 252 against Marlon Vera, after going 2-0 in 2020 with two knockouts that got him Performance of the Night honors. “Sugar” finished José Alberto Quinonez in his first fight in over two years, and then he knocked out Eddie Wineland three months later.
Smolka (17-7) got back into the win column as well in his last fight against a fellow opponent. “Da Last Samurai” finished Quinonez last December, which in turn gave him his walking papers. Smolka’s second stint with UFC has alternated wins and losses but is never in a boring fight.
UFC 264 will take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will be headlined by Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier.
With the latest addition, UFC 264 card looks like this:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor
- Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson
- Jessica Eye vs. Jennifer Maia
- Sean O’Malley vs. Louis Smolka
- Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Brad Tavares
- Jerome Rivera vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
- Greg Hardy vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles
- Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya