A pair of top five bantamweights will collide at UFC 264.
ESPN Deportes was the first to report the news that No. 4 ranked bantamweight Irene Aldana will fight No. 5 ranked Yana Kunitskaya at UFC 264 on July 10. Both fighters would confirm the booking on their Instagrams.
Aldana (12-6) is coming off her first main event loss against former bantamweight champion Holly Holm last October on ‘Fight Island.’ Aldana would lose a lopsided unanimous decision. The loss to Holm would snap the Mexican fighter’s two-fight winning streak. Before her most recent loss, Aldana would receive a Performance of the Night bonus for knocking out Ketlen Vieira in the first round.
Kunitskaya (14-5-1) is riding a two-fight win streak since her TKO loss to Aspen Ladd back in December of 2019. “Foxy” defeated Julija Stoliarenko via unanimous decision in her only fight in 2020 and then defeated Ketlen Vieira, who was ranked No. 6 at the time, via unanimous decision.
A win for either fighter will get them a fight away from a shot at champion Amanda Nunes.
UFC 264 will take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will be headlined by Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier.
With the latest addition, UFC 264 card looks like this:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor
- Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson
- Jessica Eye vs. Jennifer Maia
- Sean O’Malley vs. Louis Smolka
- Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Brad Tavares
- Jerome Rivera vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
- Greg Hardy vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles
- Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya