Contender Series alum Tucker Lutz will make his UFC debut in May.
On Wednesday, UFC officials announced via press release that Kevin Aguilar will welcome Lutz (11-1) to the promotion on May 15 at UFC 262. Both fighters are Dana White’s Contender Series alumni.
Aguilar (17-4) will most likely be fighting for his job in May. He has lost his last three fights, following a strong start in the octagon. “The Angel of Death” was riding a nine-fight win streak, with two wins under the UFC banner, before running into Dan Ige back in 2019 and losing a unanimous decision. Aguilar would lose twice in 2020 as well. At UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Hooker, Zubaira Tukhugov would defeat him in the first round via TKO. Four months later, Aguilar would lose a unanimous decision to Charles Rosa.
Lutz is riding an 11-fight winning streak dating back to 2016. “Top Gun” got the call to compete on season four on Dana White’s Contender Series against Chase Gibson. He would win a unanimous decision but didn’t receive a contract. The UFC president would invite him back for the season finale two months later. Lutz defeated Sherrard Blackledge via a unanimous decision and got the contract.
The UFC 262 card is scheduled to be headlined by the lightweight title fight between Charles Oliveira and Michael Chandler. The event is set to take place at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
The card looks like this:
- Charles Oliveira vs. Michael Chandler – for the vacant UFC lightweight championship
- Tony Ferguson vs. Beneil Dariush
- Kevin Aguilar vs. Tucker Lutz
- Nate Diaz vs. Leon Edwards
- Jack Hermansson vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Jacare Souza vs. Andre Muniz
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Gina Mazany
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Viviane Araújo
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
- Lando Vanata vs. Mike Grundy
- Andrea Lee vs. Antonina Shevchenko
- Edson Barboza vs. Shane Burgos
- Jordan Wright vs. Jamie Pickett
- Christos Giagos vs. Joel Álvarez