Brad Riddell welcomes Gregor Gillespie back to the UFC octagon in March.
According to a report from The New Zealand Herald, Riddell and Gillespie will collide next month on March 20.
Gillespie (13-1) hasn’t been in action since he was violently knocked unconscious by Kevin Lee at UFC 244 in his home state of New York. That was in November of 2019 and marked his first professional defeat. Before his loss, “The Gift” had rattled off six UFC wins and was riding a five-fight finish streak. It will be more than 450 days since he has competed, by far the longest he has ever gone in his professional career.
Riddell (9-1) will be looking to take his opponent’s No. 15 lightweight ranking next month. The New Zealand native is riding a six-fight win streak with four of them coming in the UFC. Riddel went 2-0 last year with wins over Magomed Mustafaev and his most recent Alex da Silva, which took place at UFC 253 on ‘Fight Island.’
The March 20 fight card, which takes place at the UFC Apex, now looks like this:
- Derek Brunson vs. Kevin Holland
- Brad Riddell vs. Gregor Gillespie
- Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill
- Cheyanne Buys vs. Kay Hansen
- Julia Avila vs. Julija Stoliarenko
- Max Griffin vs. Song Kenan
- Gustavo Lopez vs. Adrian Yanez
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles
- Don’Tale Mayes vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Grant Dawson vs. Leonardo Santos
- JP Buys vs. Bruno Silva
- Anthony Birchak vs. Johnny Eduardo