Ryan Hall is out of another UFC fight.
First Reported by Cole Shelton of BJPENN.com, Hall (8-1) has pulled out of his fight on March 13 with Dan Ige after suffering an injury in training. In a follow-up post on social media, Shelton said Hall is looking to get booked again in April.
The UFC is currently seeking a replacement for Ige.
Hall has been out of action since his unanimous decision win over Darren Elkins at UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd in 2019. The grappler was supposed to return last August against former title challenger Ricardo Lamas, but an injury forced Hall out of that fight as well.
Hall has only fought three times since winning season 22 of The Ultimate Fighter, which took place in 2015. According to Hall, this isn’t entirely his fault, but rather because he has had a hard time getting fights booked. Hall had called out several fighters including the Korean Zombie, and finally, Ige answered the call.
On top of being forced to withdraw from his fight, the UFC has removed Hall from the top 15 featherweight rankings. He was sitting at No. 14 before being removed. This isn’t the first time the company has removed a fighter due to inactivity.
Recently, women’s flyweight contender and fellow Ultimate Fighter winner Tatiana Surez was removed. Before that, the UFC pulled Leon Edwards from the welterweight rankings until he was finally booked with Khamzat Chimaev.
As of now, the March 13 fight card looks like this.
- Leon Edwards vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Dan Ige vs. TBD
- Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart
- Charles Jourdain vs. Steve Garcia
- Davey Grant vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. Jason Witt
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Gloria de Paula
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Matheus Nicolau
- Ben Rothwell vs. Philipe Lins
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Ricardo Ramos
- Rani Yahya vs. Ray Rodriguez
- Don Madge vs. Nasrat Haqparast