The UFC heads south of the border this weekend for UFC Fight Night 159, commonly UFC Mexico City. While the main event is a go, one fighter was heavy at Friday’s weigh-in.
UFC Mexico City’s main event is official. Friday morning, both Yair Rodriguez and Jeremy Stephens clocked in at 145lbs even for the featherweight main event. In fact, for the most part, the weigh-in was an orderly affair, with only one fighter coming in heavy: newcomer Vanessa Melo. Melo was a full four pounds over the women’s bantamweight limit (non-title fights being allowed up to 136lbs). As a result, she’ll be turning over a full thirty percent of her fight purse to opponent Irene Aldana.
Check out the full weigh-in results below!
UFC Mexico City Weigh-In Results:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+/TSN2, 8PM ET/5PM PT)
- Yair Rodriguez (145) vs. Jeremy Stephens (145)
- Carla Esparza (115) vs. Alexa Grasso (116)
- Askar Askarov (125) vs. Brandon Moreno (124)
- Irene Aldana (135) vs. Vanessa Melo (140)*
- Martin Bravo (144) vs. Steven Peterson (146)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+/TSN2, 5PM ET/2PM PT)
- Carlos Huachin (136) vs. Jose Quinonez (134)
- Kyle Nelson (146) vs. Marco Polo Reyes (145)
- Ariane Carnelossi (112) vs. Angela Hill (115)
- Tyson Nam (126) vs. Sergio Pettis (124)
- Paul Craig (206) vs. Vinicius Moreira (206)
- Bethe Correia (136) vs. Sijara Eubanks (135)
- Marcos Mariano (154) vs. Claudio Puelles (155)