CFFC 77: Motta vs. Balmaceda will be live on Friday, August 16, 2019 from Atlantic City, New Jersey. The live results are below.
CFFC 77: Motta vs. Balmaceda went down at the Hard Rock in Atlantic City, New Jersey on Friday. The event was broadcast live on UFC Fight Pass.
The main event was supposed to be for the vacant welterweight title between Jeremiah Wells and Joey Pierotti. However, Pierotti withdrew last week due to a thumb injury and no replacement could be found for Wells. Wells will now fight for the vacant title in September.
The new main event is a 160-pound catch-weight contest between The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil veteran Nikolas Motta (9-3) vs. former CFFC interim lightweight champion Cesar Balmaceda (6-1)
Motta (9-3) competed on TUF Brazil season four back in 2015. Since getting submitted to Glaico Franca, the Brazilian has gone 3-2 in his MMA career. Most notably, Motta knocked out Joe Solecki in July in 2018. Solecki is now in the UFC. Most recently, the 26-year-old lost to fellow prospect Robert Hale via first-round knockout back in November.
Balmaceda (6-1) has fougnt all of his professional bouts inside CFFC, debuting at CFFC 60 in August of 2016. Most recently, Balmaceda suffered the first loss of his professional career, losing via first-round submission to newly-signed Bellator fighter Sidney Outlaw at CFFC 74. The 24-year-old won the interim lightweight title last December against Damian Norris, when he knocked out Norris in under two minutes. However, after agreeing to fight Outlaw at catch-weight, Balmaceda vacated the title.
Also on the card, former CFFC heavyweight title challenger Christoper Daukaus is back in action against Danny Holmes. Also, Contender Series alum Shawn Teed is fighting at super heavyweight against Marino Eatman.
CFFC 77: Motta vs. Balmaceda Live Results:
- Nicolas Motta def. Cesar Balmaceda via Knockout (Left Hook), 0:54 – 160-pound catch-weight contest.
- Santo Curatolo def. Elgun Khanoghianli via Technical Knockout (Flying Knee & Ground and Pound), Round 1, 0:45
- Christopher Daukaus def. Danny Holmes via Technical Knockout (Head Kick), Round 1, 1:30
- Marino Eatman vs. Shawn Teed ends in a Draw (28-28, 28-28, 28-28) – 280-pound catch-weight contest.
- Solomon Renfro def. Eugene Aubry via Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) – 165-pound catch-weight contest.
- Paul Capaldo def. Lawshawn Alcocks via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Justin Clarke def. Bryant Bullock via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- James Gonzalez def. Giorgi Kudukhashvili via Techicial Knockout (Doctor Stoppage), Round 1, 4:29
- Nate Fultz def. Jacob Dorman via Submission (Armbar), Round 1, 1:34
- Nazim Sadykhov def. Trent Stump via Technical Knockout (Ground and Pound), Round 1, 4:43
- Mike Gonzalez def. Bobby Malcom via Techicial Knockout (Ground and Pound), Round 1, 4:39