LFA 72: Madrid vs. Harris is live from Phoenix, Arizona. The live results are below.
LFA 72: Madrid vs. Harris took place from the Comerica Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona.
In the main event of the evening, Daniel Madrid faced Chris Harris in a middleweight contest. Madrid entered the contest with a record of 16-6 and most recently submitted UFC veteran Seth Baczynski to earn his first victory with the promotion. The Arizona-based fighter is a submission specialist, with 14 of his 16 wins coming via submission. Harris, on the other hand, entered with a record of 11-3. The 29-year-old returned to LFA for the first time since 2017 – where he lost via submission to recent UFC signee Brendan Allen in the second round. Most recently, Harris defeated Zak Bucia via split decision back in October.
In the co-main event, UFC veteran Anthony Birchak faced late replacement Raphael Montini de Lima. Birchak was supposed to face Nohelin Hernandez, but Hernandez got called up to the UFC to fight Chito Vera at UFC 239. The Brazilian de Lima most recently fought in LFA back in January of 2018, where he lost to current UFC fighter Mario Bautista. Since that loss, de Lima has won three straight bouts.
Also on the card, UFC veteran Roman Salazar faced Mario Israel in a catchweight contest and top prospect Jake Heffernan returned to the LFA cage after suffering his first professional loss earlier this year.
LFA 72: Madrid vs. Harris Results:
- Daniel Madrid def. Chris Harris by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 0:51
- Anthony Birchak def. Raphael Montini de Lima via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 1:34
- Jacob McClintock def. Raymond Pina by Submission (Armbar), Round 2, 2:13
- Mario Israel def. Roman Salazar via Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) – 140-pound catchweight bout.
- Paris Stanford def. Jake Heffernan via Submission (Triangle Choke), Round 3, 4:17
- Bruno Souza def. Mike Hamel via DQ (Illegal Shot, Back of the Head), Round 3, 3:12
- Alex Sanchez def. Vincent Arredondo via TKO (Punches), Round 3, 2:00
- Joey Faletagoal def. Kealil Kanekoa via Unanimous Decision
- Ray Waters def. Steve Vazquez via KO, Round 1 – amateur bout.