UFC Sacramento goes down tomorrow and underwent plenty of changes leading up to the fight. With all the changes in mind, it’s time to weigh-in.
Dubbed the unluckiest card in recent memory, UFC Sacramento has seen one main card fight outright canceled (Drakkar Klose vs. Beneil Dariush) and five other bouts requiring late replacements.
Nonetheless, the California-based card carried on with 12 fights headlined by a number-one contender bout in the bantamweight division between former featherweight champion Germaine de Randamie and undefeated up-and-comer Aspen Ladd. GDR has won four straight fights with a pair of knockouts and wins over Holly Holm and Raquel Pennington. In her three-fight stint in the Octagon, Ladd has defeated Lina Lansberg, former Invicta FC champion Tonya Evinger, and Sijara Eubanks.
Perhaps the most notable fight on the card is the return of former star Urijah Faber as he takes on rising contender Ricky Simon. Faber has been retired since 2016, when he defeated Brad Pickett in front of his hometown Sacramento crowd. A couple of grappling exhibitions later, and the itch to fight returned for “The California Kid.” Instead of taking on a fellow veteran, he’s battling 26-year-old 15-1 bantamweight Ricky Simon. Simon is a former LFA champion and rides an eight-fight win streak into fight night, three of which came in the Octagon.
Below are the early weigh-in results for UFC Sacramento.
UFC Sacramento Weigh-In Results
- Germaine de Randamie (136) vs. Aspen Ladd (135)
- Urijah Faber (135.5) vs. Ricky Simon (134.5)
- Mirsad Bektic (145) vs. Josh Emmett (146)
- Karl Roberson (185.5) vs. Wellington Turman (185)
- Cezar Ferreira (185.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (185.5)
- John Allan (203) vs. Mike Rodriguez (204.5)
- Andre Fili (145.5) vs. Sheymon Moraes (146)
- Nicco Montano (135.5) vs. Julianna Pena (135.5)
- Darren Elkins (145.5) vs. Ryan Hall (144.5)
- Jonathan Martinez (136) vs. Liu Pingyuan (136)
- Livinha Souza (116) vs. Brianna Van Buren (115)
- Benito Lopez (136) vs. Vince Morales (135.5)