Alaska Fighting Championship returned on June 19 for Alaska FC 149: Mazurek vs. Berberich. The live results are below.
Alaska Fighting Championships returned once again from the Alaska Airlines Center in Anchorage for Alaska FC 149: Mazurek vs. Berberich. The event will be broadcast live on UFC Fight Pass at 12 a.m. EDT.
In the main event, top Alaskan prospect Jared Mazurek makes his return after 14 months to face Kris Berberich. Mazurek (7-1) is a former AFC bantamweight title challenger, a fight he lost to Bellator’s Toby Misech by leg kick TKO in the fourth round. Outside of that one blemish, Mazurek is perfect as a professional, holding a 5-1 record in AFC. The 32-year old is a submission specialist, with six of his seven wins coming by way of submission. Berberich (2-5) has scored both of his professional wins in AFC. Most recently, Berberich submitted David Booker in the main event of AFC 147 by Armbar in the first round. Berberich has only entered the second round once in his career and has never been past six minutes as a professional.
The co-main event is an intriguing featherweight contest between Jeremiah Serra and Kyle Delarosa. Serra (2-1), is coming off a first-round submission win over Issac Baker at AFC 147. Meanwhile, Delarosa (4-0) has won all four of his bouts via first-round knockout. Most recently, Delarosa defeated Tristin Lowe in his AFC debut by flying knee KO.
Also on the card, Ethan Aloysis and Daniel Zimmer look to build upon winning their professional debuts, as both men are currently 1-0.
Alaska FC 149: Mazurek vs. Berberich Results
- Jared Mazurek def. Kris Berberich by Submission (Kneebar), Round 1, 1:49
- Jeremiah Serra def. Kyle Delarosa by Submission (Guillotine Choke), Round 1, 1:31
- Daniel Zimmer def. Onosai Moana by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 1:47
- Chad Kumao’o-Malama def. Corey Dahlberg by TKO (Referee Stoppage), Round 3, 0:38
- Justin Trenton def. Isiah Edwards by Submission (Americana), Round 1, 3:37
- Tre McClennaham def. Ethan Aloysis by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 0:40
- Issac Baker def. Alex Aschenbrenner by Submission (Armbar), Round 1, 2:30
- Sam O’Donnell def. Cole Aquino by Submission, Round 1