Live at the Indigo at the O2 Arena in London, England, Jimmy Sweeney’s set to make his bare-knuckle boxing return at BKB 17, welcoming former WBC champion, Edgar Puerta.
BKBtm, a bare-knuckle boxing promotion based out of England, is getting bigger and bigger, and the proof is in the stacked BKB 17 fight card.
In addition to the main event between Jimmy Sweeney and Edgar Puerta, the PPV fight card features three title fights, which includes the ‘PrizeFighter’ finals between Ricardo Franco and James Connelly, and a super-middleweight title bout, where Ricky Nelder and Rob Boardman battle for the vacant title.
Jimmy Sweeney, who’s set to defend his lightweight title, welcomes former WBC champion Edgar Puerta to the newly legalized sport of bare-knuckle boxing in the main event. The possessor of 19 knockouts, Puerta promises an upset in tonights main-event, however, having just signed a new two-year contract with BKB, Sweeney says he’s the best, “and always will be” following his recent signing. The victor will meet the winner of the ‘PrizeFighter’ finals later this year.
BKB 17 Official Results
- Jimmy Sweeney def. Edgar Puerta via unanimous decision – Lightweight Title
- Ricardo Franco def. James Connelly via unanimous decision – ‘PrizeFighter’ Finals
- Rob Boardman def. Ricky Nelder via knockout, round 1 – Super-Middleweight Title
- Dom McConnell def. Mitch Turner via knockout, round 1
- Scott McHugh def. Sean McFarlane via knockout, round 2
- Marley Churcher def. Danny Anderson via knockout, round 3
- Daniel Podmore def. Josh Burns via technical knockout, round 3
- James Lilley def. Jonny Lawson via unanimous decision
- Paul Hilz def. Greg Mayne via technical knockout, round 1
- John Hicks def. Jamie Oldfield via unanimous decision
- Connor Tierney def. Liam Cullen via unanimous decision
- Mason Shaw def. Dave Thomas via unanimous decision