LFA 66 on May 10 marked the promotion’s first trip to Utah. The official results are below.
Legacy Fighting Alliance, also known as LFA returned on Friday night with LFA 66 as the promotion made their debut in Utah live from the Maverik Center in West Valley City, Utah.
In the main event, one-time UFC competitor and Team Alpha Male product Tyler Diamond makes his return to the regional scene, as he takes on Jon Neal, an undefeated featherweight coming off a two-year lay off. Diamond was on the 27th season of The Ultimate Fighter: Undefeated where Diamond lost in the semi-finals to Jay Cucciniello. In his official Octagon debut, Diamond lost a majority decision to Arkansas’ Bryce Mitchell. Meanwhile, Neal is looking to score the biggest victory of his career which dates back to 2008. Having not fought since a submission win over Skyler Frazier on April 15, 2017, Neal will be looking to get his name back into prospect contention with a win over a former UFC competitor.
Also on the card, UFC veterans Josh Burkman and William Macario collide in the co-main event as Burkman fights in front of his hometown crowd. Prospects Emillio Trevino, Andrew Tenneson and Hunter Azure are all in action on the main card also.
LFA 66: Diamond vs. Neal Results:
- Tyler Diamond def. Josh Neal by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- William Macario def. Josh Burkman by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Emillio Trevino def. Joe Rodriguez by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Andrew Tenneson def. Westin Wilson by Submission (Gogoplata), Round 1, 4:29
- Fabio Serrao def. Bobby King by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Hunter Azure def. Lynn Schulz by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Lisa Mauldin def. Kaytlin Neil by Split Decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Jered Gwerder def. Marco Sanchez by Knockout (Head Kick), Round 1, 1:12
- Kenneth Seegrist def. Zac Cavender by Knockout (Spinning Backfist), Round 1, 0:48