After every fighter was able to make weight for UFC St. Petersburg, the card still wasn’t safe from change as Ivan Shtyrkov was hospitalized and is out of his bout against Devin Clark.
Ivan Shtyrkov fell ill, was hospitalized following the weigh-ins earlier today and has been removed from the card as a result. The UFC has not made an official announcement regarding this change, and has not replaced the bout on the ESPN+ main card yet. According to Tapology, this is the first time a fight has been canceled in Shtyrkov’s career.
Shtyrkov was already filling in for Abdul-Kerim Edilov and was set to make his Octagon debut in his home country. The Clark fight is one of seven that have changed in the lead-up to tomorrow’s fight card.
Ivan Shtyrkov is 16-0-1 in his career and has defeated notable names such as Thiago Silva, Fabio Maldonado, Antonio Silva, and Satoshi Ishii prior to signing with the UFC.
Devin Clark is 3-3 in the Octagon and was looking to bounce back from a knockout loss that he suffered in December.
UFC St. Petersburg takes place tomorrow from Yubileyny Sports Palace in Russia. The card as it stands is as follows:
- Alistair Overeem vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Islam Makhachev vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Sergey Pavlovich vs. Marcelo Golm
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Roxanne Modafferi
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Alen Amedovski
- Movsar Evloev vs. Seung Woo Choi
- Sultan Aliev vs. Keita Nakamura
- Alexander Yakovlev vs. Alex Da Silva
- Marcin Tybura vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk
- Magomed Mustafaev vs. Rafael Fiziev