The UFC starts the promotional push for its second quarter with a “Seasonal Press Conference” Friday, featuring the likes of Jon Jones, Amanda Nunes, Henry Cejudo and more.
While the UFC was in Atlanta for UFC 236, going down Saturday, the promotion brought out the big guns from its upcoming slate of shows. And put them on stage at what they were billing as the UFC Seasonal Press Conference. With Jon Jones and Thiago Santos topping the bill — the pair headline this summer’s International Fight Week show, UFC 239 — there was bound to be plenty of interest.
But would there be plenty of surprises?
In addition to Jones and Santos, the following fighters were scheduled to appear at Friday’s Seasonal Press Conference:
- Amanda Nunes and Holly Holm, who serve as the co-main event of UFC 239. Holm will challenge Nunes for the bantamweight title (Nunes also holds the featherweight belt)
- Rose Namajunas and Jessica Andrade, who headline UFC 237, the first time a women’s strawweight fight has topped a PPV card
- Rafael dos Anjos and Kevin Lee, a pair of former lightweights turned welterweights meeting atop the Rochester, NY card next month
- Anthony Smith and Alexander Gustafsson, who meet in Gustafsson’s native Sweden in June
- Henry Cejudo and Marlon Moares, who will battle for the bantamweight championship left vacant following T.J. Dillashaw’s two-year suspension for doping
Dana White, of course, is expected to serve as the Master of Ceremonies.
Check back at 12PM ET to watch the live stream above!