Following the latest leg of the welterweight grand prix and a trio of big heavyweight bouts last week, Bellator was back in Dublin, Ireland, with Bellator 217 this weekend.
Bellator was back in action on Saturday, just a week removed from back-to-back shows in Connecticut that included Michael Page earning a unanimous decision against Paul Daley. This time, they were back in Dublin, Ireland, with SBG star James Gallagher looking to bounce back from the first loss of his career. After a crushing loss to Ricky Bandejas, Gallagher was aiming to turn things around against Steven Graham.
First, however, there was plenty of prelim action. Among the bouts to keep an eye on was Kiefer Crosbie vs. Daniel Olejniczak. Crosbie made his debut in the promotion at Bellator 211, going the distance for the first time in his career. That win moved the BAMMA vet to 5-0, and he was looking to continue his success in Dublin.
Another fight of note, Iony Razafiarison vs. Olga Rubin. Rubin (5-0) had two wins in Bellator to date, and a third might just earn her a title shot against Julia Budd, who is in desperate need of competition.
The prelims kick off at 7PM EST! Watch the live stream below.
Bellator 217: Gallagher vs. Graham – Live Tonight on Paramount
Bellator 217: Gallagher vs. Graham Main Card Results:
- James Gallagher def. Steven Graham via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1
- Myles Price def. Peter Queally by Split Decision
- Kiefer Crosbie def. Daniel Olejniczak by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1
- Richie Smullen def. Adam Gustab by Unanimous Decision
Bellator 217: Gallagher vs. Graham Preliminary Card Results:
- Charlie Ward def. Jamie Stephenson by TKO/KO, Round 1
- Paul Redmond def. Charlie Leary by Unanimous Decision
- Richard Kiely def. Mickael Bucher by TKO/KO, Round 1
- Walter Gahadza def. Ruben Crawford by TKO/KO, Round 1
- Ryan Curtis def. Luis Gonzales by TKO/KO, Round 1
- Leah McCourt def. Hatice Ozyurt by TKO, Round 1
- Olga Ruben def. Iony Razafiarison by Unanimous Decision
- Will Fleury def. Shaun Taylor by Submission (Rear-Naked choke), Round 2
- Alfie Davies def. Daniele Scatizzi via Unanimous Decision
- Chris Duncan def. Sam Slater by TKO/KO (Punches), Round 1
- Dylan Logan def. Andrew Murphy by Submission (Armbar), Round 1
- George Courtney def. Ian Cleary by Submission (Guillotine), Round 3