This Saturday’s UFC 296 has lost another fight just days out from the event, and once again, illness is to blame.
This time, it’s the welterweight showdown between Randy Brown and Muslim Salikhov. An undisclosed illness appears to have forced Brown from the bout, per an initial report by MMA Fighting.
Cageside Press subsequently confirmed the loss of the match-up. It’s the second high-profile welterweight fight to fall off the UFC 296 card in as many days, after Ian Machado Garry vs. Vicente Luque fell through.
That fight was cancelled after Garry contracted pneumonia while battling the flu.
The final UFC event of 2023, UFC 293 takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada with Leon Edwards vs. Colby Covington headlining. Just 12 fights now remain on the card, breaking down as follows:
- Leon Edwards (c) vs. Colby Covington — for the UFC welterweight championship
- Alexandre Pantoja (c) vs. Brandon Royval — for the UFC flyweight championship
- Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Stephen Thompson
- Tony Ferguson vs. Paddy Pimblett
- Josh Emmett vs. Bryce Mitchell
- Irene Aldana vs. Karol Rosa
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Brian Kelleher
- Casey O’Neill vs. Ariane Lipski
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Dustin Jacoby
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Cody Durden
- Andre Fili vs. Lucas Almeida
- Martin Buday vs. Shamil Gaziev