Women’s strawweight action is set for next month’s UFC Vegas 80.
The Fight Night card will see former 115lb title challenger Karolina Kowalkiewicz (15-7), on a bit of a career resurgence of late, taking on Canadian-based Romanian Diana Belbita (15-7). The event takes place October 7, 2023 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada — and yes, there will have been 80 of those Apex shows once the event rolls around.
Belbita was last in action at UFC 289 in Vancouver, picking up a decision victory over Maria Oliveira to snap a two-fight skid. The win was Belbita’s second in the UFC, improving her record to 2-3 overall.
Now 27, the Romanian joined the UFC in 2019, losing a decision to Molly McCann in her debut after having a point deducted for grabbing the cage.
Coincidentally sporting an identical 15-7 professional record to that of her opponent, Kowalkiewicz has won thee straight fights dating back to June of 2022. That run has put thoughts of a nasty five-fight skid well behind her, with the Polish strawweight looking reinvigorated of late.
In her last outing, Kowalkiewicz earned a unanimous decision over Vanessa Demopoulos.
UFC Vegas 80 on October 7, 2023 features a lightweight bout featuring Grant Dawson and Bobby Green as its main event. The following match-ups have been reported for the card to date:
- Grant Dawson vs. Bobby Green
- Joe Pyfer vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan
- Drew Dober vs. Ricky Glenn
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Bill Algeo
- Johnny Muñoz Jr. vs. Aori Qileng
- Kanako Murata vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
- Chris Gutiérrez vs. Montel Jackson
- Daniel Pineda vs. Khusein Askhabov
- Nate Maness vs. Mateus Mendonca
- Ion Cuțelaba vs.Philipe Lins
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Stephanie Egger
- Alex Morono vs. Joaquin Buckley
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Diana Belbita