Women’s flyweight Joanne Wood will look to build on a recent win when she returns to action at UFC 291 in July.
Wood (16-8) will face Priscila Cachoeira (12-4) at the PPV event, set for July 29, 2023 at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
News of the booking was first reported The Mirror’s Harry Davies.
Wood returned to the win column in March at UFC 286 in London, England, snapping a three-fight skid with her victory over Luana Carolina. Prior to that, Wood, who had once been circling a title shot in the UFC women’s flyweight division, dropped fights to Lauren Murphy, Taila Santos, and future champ Alexa Grasso.
Brazil’s Cachoeira has won two straight, getting her hand raised against Ariane Lipski and Ji-Yeon Kim. The Kim fight earned the 34-year old Fight of the Night honors.
Headlined by a “BMF” title fight featuring lightweight stars Dustin Poirier and Justin Gaethje meeting for the second time, UFC 291 features the following reported match-ups:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Justin Gaethje — for the UFC “BMF” championship
- Jan Błachowicz vs. Alex Pereira
- Tony Ferguson vs. Bobby Green
- Paulo Costa vs. Ikram Aliskerov
- Stephen Thompson vs. Michel Pereira
- Derrick Lewis vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima
- Michael Chiesa vs. Kevin Holland
- C.J. Vergara vs. Vinicius de Almeida Salvador
- Joanne Wood vs. Priscila Cachoeira