With his popularity surging, middleweight Gregory Rodrigues is set to return to action at UFC Jacksonville on June 24.
Opposite “Robocop” Rodrigues (13-5) will be Denis Tiuliulin (11-7), promotion officials announced via press release on Tuesday.
Super Lutas was first to report news of the match-up.
Rodrigues, a former LFA middleweight champion, enters the fight almost exactly six months on from a knockout loss against Brunno Ferreira. That fight in turn came after “Robocop” suffered a nasty gash in his fight with Chidi Njokuani, that had fans praising the Brazilian’s toughness while trying to hold onto their lunches.
Through six fights in the promotion, Rodrigues has posted a 6-2 record to date.
Tiuliulin, for his part, has gone 1-2 through three fights inside the octagon thus far. He joined the promotion last year, losing via submission in his debut against Aliaskhab Khizriev before bouncing back with his own finish of Jamie Pickett.
Most recently, Tiuliulin was submitted by Jun Yong Park.
UFC Jacksonville takes place Saturday, June 24, 2023 at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida. The following bouts have been reported for the event thus far:
- Josh Emmett vs. Ilia Topuria
- Tatsuro Taira vs. Kleydson Rodrigues
- Maycee Barber vs. Amanda Ribas
- Gillian Robertson vs. Tabatha Ricci
- Mateusz Rębecki vs. Loik Radzhabov
- Muslim Salikhov vs. Nicolas Dalby
- Gregory Rodrigues vs. Denis Tiuliulin
- Austen Lane vs. Justin Tafa
- Punahele Soriano vs. Sedriques Dumas