The UFC will need to find a new main event for its June 3, 2023 Fight Night card.
That’s due to middleweight Jack Hermansson being forced out of his fight with Brendan Allen, the result of an undisclosed injury.
MMA Mania was first to report news of Hermansson’s withdrawal. It remains unclear as to whether the promotion will keep Allen on the card and seek a replacement, or try to keep the booking intact for a later date.
The Las Vegas card was to have been the first scheduled main event for Allen, a former LFA champ. However, “All In” did end up headlining the show in his last fight, after a fight between Nikita Krylov and Ryan Spann had to be postponed with the event already underway.
Allen (21-5) has won four straight fights, with three rear-naked choke finishes in that stretch. He’s won Performance of the Night bonuses in his last two outings.
The UFC does have options, as former women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is slated to compete against rising Mayra Bueno Silva at the event. Kai Kara-France, who recently competed for interim gold, is also expected to appear, taking on Amir Albazi.
The June 3 card at the UFC Apex currently breaks down as follows:
- Brendan Allen vs. TBA
- Miesha Tate vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Kai Kara-France vs. Amir Albazi
- Tim Elliott vs. Allan Nascimento
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Elise Reed
- David Onama vs. TBA
- Alex Caceres vs. Daniel Pineda
- Jim Miller vs. Ľudovít Klein
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
- John Castañeda vs. Mateus Mendonça
- Da’Mon Blackshear vs. Luan Lacerda