International Fight Week continues to build up as the UFC 290 card develops with the latest bout being announced between welterweights Robbie Lawler and Niko Price.
Dana White made the announcement on social media.
— danawhite (@danawhite) April 21, 2023
Lawler (29-16), long removed from his welterweight championship days, is coming off a loss against Bryan Barberena at UFC 276 last July. The UFC veteran has had a rough run lately going 1-5 in his last six bouts with his last victory over Nick Diaz at UFC 266 in 2021.
Price (15-6) hasn’t had the best run lately either as he comes off a loss to Philip Rowe last December. His last win was over Alex Oliveira in 2021 who is no longer on the UFC roster.
UFC 290 is beginning to stack up with two title fights, one title eliminator, plus former champions and fan favorites.
The UFC 290 lineup as of now is as follows:
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Yair Rodriguez – UFC featherweight title unification bout.
- Brandon Moreno vs. Alexandre Pantoja – UFC flyweight title fight.
- Robert Whittaker vs. Dricus Du Plessis – UFC middleweight title eliminator.
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Manel Kape
- Jalin Turner vs. Dan Hooker
- Bo Nickal vs. Tresean Gore
- Robbie Lawler vs. Niko Price
Keep it locked to CagesidePress.com as bouts are announced for UFC 290.