After falling through at the eleventh hour over the weekend, the light heavyweight affair between Nikita Krylov and Ryan Spann is back on.
Krylov and Spann were supposed to have headlined UFC Vegas 70 on Saturday, until illness forced Krylov out of the event. Following the card, UFC President Dana White expressed hope that the pairing would be kept together and re-booked out a few weeks — and it turns out that’s the case.
Krylov vs. Spann will now take place at UFC Las Vegas, which takes place March 11, 2023 at The Theater at Virgin Hotels.
ESPN, the UFC’s official broadcast partner, was first to report the news. The card is currently headlined by Merab Dvalishvili vs. Petr Yan.
Nikita Krylov, ranked #6 at light heavyweight, and Ryan Span, ranked #8, both come into the fight off back-to-back wins: Spann has seen his hand raised over Ion Cutelaba and Dominick Reyes, while Krylov has beaten Volkan Oezdemir and Alexander Gustafsson.
The full UFC Las Vegas card on March 11 currently breaks down as follows:
- Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Alexander Volkov vs. Alexander Romanov
- Makhmud Muradov vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Austin Lingo
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Vitor Petrino vs. Anton Turkalj
- Karl Williams vs. Łukasz Brzeski
- Raphael Assunção vs. Davey Grant
- Sedriques Dumas vs. Josh Fremd
- Mario Bautista vs. Guido Cannetti
- Ariane Lipski vs. JJ Aldrich
- Victor Henry vs. Tony Gravely
- Tyson Nam vs. Bruno Gustavo da Silva
- Carlston Harris vs. Abubakar Nurmagomedov
- Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann