After losing one fight yesterday, UFC Vegas 70 lost another during Friday morning’s official weigh-ins.
During the weigh-in window, promotion officials announced that Hailey Cowan had fallen ill, and would not be weighing in as a result. Her opponent, Ailin Perez, had successfully made weight earlier in the morning.
The nature of Cowan’s illness was not disclosed. The 31-year old bantamweight, a veteran of Invicta FC and LFA, was to have made her promotional debut in the fight.
Hailey Cowan won her way into the UFC on Dana White’s Contender Series last year.
Perez, a native of Argentina, came up short in her own octagon debut last September, which came against Stephanie Egger. “Fiona” lost the bout after being caught in a rear-naked choke in the second round.
UFC Vegas 70 goes down this Saturday, February 25, 2023 at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. Light heavyweights Nikita Krylov and Ryan Spann headline the Fight Night card, which now moves forward with the following match-ups:
- Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann
- André Muniz vs. Brendan Allen
- Augusto Sakai vs. Don’Tale Mayes
- Tatiana Suarez vs. Montana De La Rosa
- Mike Malott vs. Yohan Lainesse
- Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Gabriella Fernandes
- Jordan Leavitt vs. Victor Martinez
- Joe Solecki vs. Carl Deaton III
- Ode’ Osbourne vs. Charles Johnson
- Rafael Alves vs. Nurollo Aliev
- Erick Gonzalez vs. Trevor Peek