A pair of veterans are set to throw down in a light heavyweight match-up at UFC Kansas City on April 15, 2023.
Ed Herman (26-15, 1NC) will return after over a year out of action to face Zak Cummings (24-7), also coming in off a layoff, at the Fight Night card. Cageside Press confirmed the booking following an announcement by Iridium Sports Agency, who represent Cummings.
Herman had a three fight win streak snapped in his last outing, losing a unanimous decision against Alonzo Menifield. That fight came at UFC 265 in August 2021.
“Short Fuse” has been with the UFC since 2006, making him one of the longest-serving fighters on the roster. He was even loaned out to Strikeforce in 2013 to take part in that promotion’s finial event, after it was scooped up by Zuffa, UFC’s parent company at the time.
Herman was a finalist on The Ultimate Fighter 3, and has shared the cage with Demian Maia, Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch, Jake Shields, Jacare Souza, and others. Prior to entering the UFC, he picked up a win over future light heavyweight champ Glover Teixeira on the regional scene.
At 38, Cummings will be four years the junior of Ed Herman, 42. He’ll be fighting for the first time since August of 2020, when he picked up a victory over Alessio Di Chirico.
UFC Kansas City is set for the T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, MO on April 15. A featherweight scrap between former champ Max Holloway and rising contender Arnold Allen headlines. The following match-ups have been reported for the card:
- Max Holloway vs. Arnold Allen
- Martin Buday vs. Jake Collier
- Bruna Brasil vs. Denise Gomez
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Azamat Murzakanov
- T.J. Brown vs. Bill Algeo
- Edson Barboza vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Gillian Robertson vs. Piera Rodríguez
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Chris Gutiérrez
- Lando Vannata vs. Daniel Zellhuber
- Gastón Bolaños vs. Aaron Phillips
- Lucie Pudilová vs. Joselyne Edwards
- Brandon Royval vs. Matheus Nicolau
- Clay Guida vs. Rafa García
- Ed Herman vs. Zak Cummings