Las Vegas, NV – Add another possible title fight to UFC 285 as a fight between bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes and contender Irene Aldana is targeted for the much anticipated pay-per-view in Las Vegas.
First reported by Combate.
Nunes (22-5) is fresh off earning her title back from now former champion Julianna Peña at UFC 277 in July. Prior to that she had torn through the bantamweight division and had a couple of title fights at 145-pounds.
Aldana (14-6) comes into this matchup following a TKO victory over Macy Chiasson at UFC 279 in September. Coming into this bout with two consecutive finishes helped Aldana earn the title shot over a possible trilogy between Nunes and Peña.
UFC 285 takes place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on March 4 on PPV. As of now the card stands as follows:
- Jon Jones vs. Cyril Gane UFC Heavyweight Title Fight
- Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana Targeted For UFC Bantamweight Title
- Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Geoff Neal
- Derek Brunson vs. Dricus Du Plessis
- Jamie Pickett vs. Bo Nickal
- Julian Marquez vs. Marc-Andre Barriault
- Viviane Araujo vs. Amanda Ribas
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Julio Arce
- Jessica Penne vs. Tabatha Ricci
- Farid Basharat vs. Da’Mon Blackshear
- Kamuela Kirk vs. Esteban Ribovics
With just a couple more slots left for fights on the card UFC 285 should be pretty much complete at this point.