A pair of bantamweight up-and-comers have been booked for the UFC’s February 25, 2023 Fight Night card.
Garrett Armfield (8-3) is set to face Jose Johnson (15-7) at the event, scheduled for the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. Both fighters are repped by Iridium Sports Agency, who announced the booking on Friday.
Johnson won his way into the UFC on the latest season of Dana White’s Contender Series. A unanimous decision win over Jack Cartwright on the show extended Johnson’s current streak to three straight, which includes victories over solid talents in Mo Miller and Dulani Perry.
Jose Johnson also appeared on the Contender Series in 2020, coming up short against Ronnie Lawrence.
Armfield debuted against the highly touted David Onama in 2022, coming up short in an extremely short-notice fight that saw him step up with Fight Week already underway.
The UFC’s February 25, 2023 Fight Night card is expected to be headlined by light heavyweights Ryan Spann and Nikita Krylov. The following match-ups have been reported for the event to date:
- Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann
- Mike Malott vs. Yohan Lainesse
- Cortney Casey vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius
- Victor Martinez vs. Jordan Leavitt
- Hailey Cowan vs. Ailin Perez
- Ode’ Osbourne vs. Denys Bondar
- Erick Gonzalez vs. Darrius Flowers
- Andre Fili vs. Lucas Almeida
- André Muniz vs. Brendan Allen
- Augusto Sakai vs. Don’Tale Mayes
- Garrett Armfield vs. Jose Johnson