Ovince Saint Preux will hopefully be fighting at UFC 282 next month. And maybe, just maybe, he has an opponent finalized.
Those “hopefully” and “maybe” comments are due to the fact that OSP is now on opponent number three for the Las Vegas Pay-Per-View card. Saint Preux (26-16) was originally scheduled to face Alexander Gustafsson at the event, which would have seen former UFC light heavyweight title challengers facing off.
With Gustafsson dropping out, a match-up with ex-PFL champ Philippe Lins came next. That didn’t last long, however, as almost as soon as the booking was announced, it fell through as well. Now, per a listing on EPSN’s event page, OSP gets Antonio Trocoli (12-3, 1NC), who will be making his promotional debut in a match-up that will hopefully stick.
Saint Preux also confirmed the booking via his official OnlyFans profile.
Trocoli competed as part of Dana White’s Contender Series in 2019, earning a win over Kenneth Bergh that was later overturned to a No Contest as a result of a failed drug test. The Brazilian has competed just once since, picking up a win in November 2021 as part of Brazilian Fighting Series 3.
OSP will enter the bout off a win over the legendary Shogun Rua, a victory that snapped a two-fight win streak for the man who once fought Jon Jones for the UFC’s interim light heavyweight title.
UFC 282 takes place Saturday, December 10, 2022 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The following bouts have been reported for the card:
- Jan Błachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev – for the vacant UFC light heavyweight championship
- Paddy Pimblett vs. Jared Gordon
- Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Darren Till vs. Dricus du Plessis
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Ilia Topuria
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Chris Daukaus
- Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Jay Perrin
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Dalcha Lungiambula
- Chris Curtis vs. Joaquin Buckley
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Alexander Hernandez
- T.J. Brown vs. Erik Silva
- Vinicius Salvador vs. Daniel da Silva
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Cameron Saaiman
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Antonio Trocoli