Following 14 months on the sideline driven by an injured knee, Niko Price is set to return to the octagon this December.
Price (15-5, 2NC) is the latest addition to UFC Orlando, where he’ll take on the always-dangerous Phil Rowe (9-3). News of the match-up was first reported by UFE Media. Florida native Price later confirmed the booking on social media.
Having overcome injuries to his ACL, LCL, and related ligaments, Price will be returning to action for the first time since an October 2021 win over Alex “Cowboy” Oliveira in the fight. The win snapped a three-fight winless streak for “The Hybrid” which saw him lose bouts to Michel Pereira and Vicente Luque, while fighting to a draw with Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone.
“Doing this for Florida,” Price wrote on social media Tuesday, adding the hashtag #HurricaneIan.
Rowe has won two straight after dropping his promotional debut to Gabe Green back at UFC 258.
December 3, 2022’s UFC Orlando will take place at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida. The Fight Night card is expected to feature the following bouts:
- Stephen Thompson vs. Kevin Holland
- Yazmin Jauregui vs. Istela Nunes
- Tracy Cortez vs. Amanda Ribas
- Matt Schnell vs. Matheus Nicolau
- Eryk Anders vs. Kyle Daukaus
- Derek Brunson vs. Jack Hermansson
- Marcelo Rojo vs. Francis Marshall
- Natan Levy vs. Genaro Valdez
- Michael Johnson vs. Marc Diakiese
- Angela Hill vs. Emily Ducote
- Scott Holtzman vs. Clay Guida
- Darren Elkins vs. Jonathan Pearce
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Bryan Barberena
- Tai Tuivasa vs. Sergei Pavlovich
- Niko Price vs. Phil Rowe