A fascinating fight featuring a fan favorite and a former UFC champion is set for UFC Orlando.
Bryan Barberena (the aforementioned fan favorite) and Rafael dos Anjos (a former UFC lightweight champion) will face off at welterweight as part of the December Fight Night event. Combate was first to report the news, which was confirmed by Barberena Thursday on social media.
“Bam Bam” is referring to the match-up as “Winter Slugfest 2022.”
Barberena (18-8) has won three straight, and has made a habit of knocking off UFC legends of late. His last two fights have come against Matt Brown and Robbie Lawler, with Barberena seeing his hand raised in both.
dos Anjos (31-14) had a two-fight win streak snapped in his last outing when he came up short against Rafael Fiziev, knocked out in the fifth round at UFC on ESPN 39.
UFC Orlando will take place on December 3, 2022 at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida. The following bouts have been reported for the event:
- Stephen Thompson vs. Kevin Holland
- Tracy Cortez vs. Amanda Ribas
- Matt Schnell vs. Matheus Nicolau
- Eryk Anders vs. Kyle Daukaus
- Derek Brunson vs. Jack Hermansson
- Marcelo Rojo vs. Francis Marshall
- Natan Levy vs. Genaro Valdez
- Michael Johnson vs. Marc Diakiese
- Angela Hill vs. Emily Ducote
- Scott Holtzman vs. Clay Guida
- Darren Elkins vs. Jonathan Pearce
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Bryan Barberena
- Yazmin Jauregui vs. Istela Nunes