Featherweight action has been lined up for the UFC’s upcoming November 5, 2022 Fight Night event.
Darrick Minner (26-13) will face China’s Shayilan Nuerdanbieke (38-10) at the show, which is expected to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. Minner announced the booking on social media on Thursday.
The match-up finds the featherweight pair on opposite trajectories, with Minner coming off two losses, and Nuerdanbieke having won two straight.
Most recently, Minner found himself on the wrong side of a unanimous decision opposite grappling ace Ryan Hall. Prior to that, the Glory MMA and Fitness fighter had suffered a TKO defeat at the hands of Darren “The Damage” Elkins.
Nuerdanbieke is 2-1 inside the octagon through three UFC bouts, and has won his last two, against Sean Soriano and T.J. Brown. Both bouts went the distance; both ended in unanimous decision victories for “Wolverine.”
The UFC’s November 5, 2022 Fight Night card does not yet have a main event officially announced, though Bryce Mitchell vs. Movsar Evloev is the front-runner. The following match-ups have been reported for the event so far:
- Movsar Evloev vs. Bryce Mitchell
- Benito Lopez vs. Mario Bautista
- Nate Maness vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Ramona Pascual vs. Tamires Vidal
- Johnny Muñoz Jr. vs. Liudvik Sholinian
- Polyana Viana vs. Jinh Yu Frey
- Miranda Maverick vs. Shanna Young
- Jake Hadley vs. Carlos Candelario
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Amanda Lemos
- Darrick Minner vs. Shayilan Nuerdanbieke