A promising heavyweight scrap has been booked for the UFC’s October 1, 2022 Fight Night card.
The fall date will see Jairzinho Rozenstruik (12-4) face off with Chris Daukaus (12-5), with both ranked heavyweights looking to get back in the win column. Suriname’s Rozenstruik announced the fight in a video posted to social media on Thursday.
Rozenstruik is currently ranked #9 in the UFC’s heavyweight division. Daukaus is one spot behind him at #10.
Both fighters will enter the bout off back-to-back losses. For Rozenstruik, he has come up short against Curtis Blaydes and Alexander Volkov, going the distance with the former, and being stopped via TKO opposite the latter.
Prior to that, “Bigi Boy” had picked up a win over Augusto Sakai. A kickboxer prior to transitioning to MMA, Rozenstruik started his mixed martial arts career at 10-0, defeating stars Andrei Arlovski and Alistair Overeem before suffering his first pro loss against Francis Ngannou.
Daukaus likewise has lost consecutive fights, in his case against Blaydes and Derrick Lewis. Both fights ended in TKO/KO stoppages.
The UFC’s October 1, 2022 card is expected to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas with the following fights announced:
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Leah Letson vs. Chelsea Chandler
- Vinc Pichel vs. Jesse Ronson
- Cheyanne Vlismas vs. Tabatha Ricci
- Randy Costa vs. Guido Cannetti
- Brendan Allen vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- John Castañeda vs. Daniel Santos
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. Randy Brown
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Rani Yahya
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Trevin Jones
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Chris Daukaus