A pair of UFC lightweights will look to get back into the win column in August.
On Thursday, Iridium Sports Agency announced that their client Charlie Ontiveros will fight Gabriel Benitez at UFC San Diego on August 13.
🚨 #TeamIridium Fight News 🚨
— IridiumSportsAgency (@TeamIridiumISA) July 15, 2022
Ontiveros (11-8) will be looking for his first UFC victory when he enters the octagon in August. “The American Bad Boy” made his promotional debut on short notice against Kevin Holland up a weight class but lost the fight when he suffered a neck injury due to a slam. In his second appearance, he returned to lightweight against Steve Garcia but lost via TKO in the second round.
Benitez (22-10) is looking to snap his two-fight skid. Earlier this year in February, “Moggly” was knocked out by David Onama, and prior to that, he was finished by Billy Quarantillo in his lone fight in 2021. In 2020, he received a Performance of the Night when he finished Justin Jaynes with a knee to the body.
UFC San Diego will take place on August 13 and will be headlined by Marlon Vera and Dominick Cruz.
The following fights have been reported for the card:
- Dominick Cruz vs. Marlon Vera
- Yazmin Jauregui vs. Iasmin Lucindo
- Gerald Meerschaert vs. Bruno Silva
- Devin Clark vs. Azamat Murzakanov
- Sara McMann vs. Aspen Ladd
- Martin Buday vs. Łukasz Brzeski
- Viviane Araújo vs. Alexa Grasso
- Allan Nascimento vs. Malcom Gordon
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Charlie Ontiveros