The Professional Fighters League is heading to the U.K. next month, with semifinal action destined for PFL 8 in Cardiff, Wales on August 13.
The second event of the league’s 2022 post-season will feature the welterweight and heavyweight divisions, with former Bellator MMA champ Rory MacDonald headlining the ESPN card. He’ll be facing Magomed Umalatov, as the pair battle it out to make it to the million dollar final.
The undefeated Umalatov (12-0) fought just once this season. But that was enough to land in the welterweight playoffs care of six points earned in a first-round knockout of Jarrah Hussein Al-Silawi at PFL 6.
MacDonald (23-9-1) went 1-1 in 2022, earning six points for a submission of Brett Cooper before falling to Sadibou Sy via decision earlier this month.
Last year’s champion, Ray Cooper III, missed the playoffs, so a new champion will be crowned in the 170lb division. It will by Sy on the other side of the bracket, taking on Carlos Leal.
At heavyweight, Ante Delija has another crack at the post-season against Brazil’s Renan Ferreira, while Denis Goltsov takes on last year’s champ Bruno Cappelozza.
PFL 8 takes place on August 13, 2022 at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, Wales. The full card as released via press release on Tuesday breaks down as follows:
- Rory MacDonald vs. Magomed Umalatov
- Ante Delija vs. Renan Ferreira
- Denis Goltsov vs. Bruno Cappelozza
- Sadibou Sy vs. Carlos Leal
- Josh O’Connor vs. Emran Sakhizada
- Mohamad Fakhreddine vs. TBA
- Chris Mixan vs. John Mitchell
- Hatef Moeil vs. Szymon Bajor
- Will Fleury vs. Kenneth Bergh
- Nate Kelly vs. TBA
- Vojto Barborik vs. Maxim Radu
- Moktar Benkaci vs. Francesco Nuzzi