UFC lightweights Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Joe Lauzon will take another shot at getting in the octagon once again on June 18 at UFC Austin.
Word of the new date was first reported by Brett Okamoto of ESPN.
The first match-up between the duo fell out of UFC 274 when Cerrone took ill due to what was described as a non-COVID related illness. Reportedly, Lauzon was not sure if the fight would actually happen after all.
UFC President Dana White later suggested some bad tacos were the culprit, which forced Cerrone to pull the trigger on a rare fight cancellation.
In the end the pair find themselves matched up once again in Austin where there will be a crowd which was a sticking point for both fighters when they were first presented with the matchup.
In addition to Cerrone vs. Lauzon the UFC on ESPN 37 card stands as follows:
- Calvin Kattar vs. Josh Emmett
- Tim Means vs. Kevin Holland
- Court McGee vs. Jeremiah Wells
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Albert Duarev
- Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Natalia Cristina da Silva
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Guram Kutateladze
- Maria Oliveira vs. Gloria de Paula
- Eddie Wineland vs. Cory Stamann
- Roman Dolidze vs. Kyle Daukaus
- Phil Hawes vs. Deron Winn
- Julian Marquez vs. Gregory Rodrigues