Bantamweight action has been added to the UFC’s June 4, 2022 Fight Night event.
CES MMA alum Tony Gravely (22-7) is set to face Johnny Munhoz (11-1) at the event, scheduled to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas. Multiple sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed the fight to Cageside Press on Tuesday.
For Gavely, the bout will mark his second walk to the octagon in 2022. Back in January, he won a unanimous decision against Saimon Oliveira at UFC 270. The victory improved Gravely’s record in the promotion to 3-2 overall.
Gravely won his way into the UFC on Dana White’s Contender Series in 2019, after twice defending his CES MMA bantamweight championship. He was then given a very tough test right out of the gate against Brett Johns, and though he would stumble there, he bounced back by winning his next two fights.
Munoz will be competing under the UFC banner for third time next month, and looking for his second straight win. Last time out, “Kid Kvenbo” submitted Jamey Simmons. That came last August, making it roughly ten months between fights for Johnny Munoz.
The UFC’s June 4, 2022 Fight Night card is topped by heavyweight action, as Alexander Volkov is set to face Jairzinho Rozenstruik. The following bouts have been reported for the event:
- Alexander Volkov vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Dan Ige vs. Movsar Evloev
- Poliana Botelho vs. Karine Silva
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Jeff Molina
- Zarrukh Adashev vs. Ode’ Osbourne
- Andreas Michailidis vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Erin Blanchfield vs. JJ Aldrich
- Michael Trizano vs. Lucas Almeida
- Damon Jackson vs. Darrick Minner
- Alex da Silva Coelho vs. Joe Solecki
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Askar Mozharov
- Tony Gravely vs. Johnny Munoz