There’s been an all-Canadian swap ahead of the UFC’s April 16, 2022 Fight Night event.
On Tuesday, UFC officials announced on social media that featherweight TJ Laramie (12-4) would replace Gavin Tucker against Pat Sabtini (16-3) at the event. Laramie was initially scheduled to face Melsik Baghdasaryan on the very same date.
No reason was given for the withdrawals of Tucker or Baghdasaryan.
Laramie won his way into the UFC by way of Dana White’s Contender Series in 2020. Later that year, he’d make his promotional debut, only to come up short against Darrick Minner. He has not fought since, with a handful of dates/opponents falling through.
A former Cage Fury FC featherweight champ, Sabatini has found smooth sailing in his UFC run thus far. He’s put together three straight wins inside the octagon, and is on a five-fight win streak overall.
The UFC’s April 16 Fight Night event is expected to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. The following bouts have been reported for the card to date:
- Vicente Luque vs. Belal Muhammad
- Rafa García vs. Jesse Ronson
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Wu Yanan
- Chris Barnett vs. Martin Buday
- Heili Alateng vs. Kevin Croom
- Drakkar Klose vs. Brandon Jenkins
- Miguel Baeza vs. André Fialho
- Caio Borralho vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev
- Lina Länsberg vs. Pannie Kianzad
- Uriah Hall vs. André Muniz
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Mounir Lazzez
- Victor Martinez vs. Jordan Leavitt
- Sam Hughes vs. Istela Nunes
- TJ Laramie vs. Pat Sabatini