It looks as if David Onama won’t be fighting at UFC Columbus after all.
Earlier this month, Onama (9-1) had agreed to step in on short notice to face Nate Landwehr (15-4) at the March 26, 2022 Fight Night card. Landwehr’s original opponent, Lerone Murphy, had been forced out of the bout for undisclosed reasons.
However, Onama has now revealed in a post on social media that Landwehr himself has pulled out of the fight. As a result, he’ll no longer be competing on the card.
“Unfortunately I won’t be fighting on March 26 in Columbus, Ohio anymore due to the opponent pulling out,” Onama wrote. “I will be back in action around May/June see you all then! Thanks everyone for the continued support.”
Onama fought last month at UFC Vegas 48, where he picked up a TKO victory against Gabriel Benitez, securing his first win inside the octagon in the process. Onama is 1-1 in his two UFC fights to date.
Set to take place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio on March 26, UFC Columbus now moves forward with the following fights attached:
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Chris Daukaus
- Joanne Wood vs. Alexa Grasso
- Askar Askarov vs. Kai Kara-France
- Matt Brown vs. Bryan Barberena
- Ilir Latifi vs. Alexey Oleynik
- Jennifer Maia vs. Manon Fiorot
- Neil Magny vs. Max Griffin
- Marc Diakiese vs. Viacheslav Borschev
- Tucker Lutz vs. Seung Woo Choi
- Sara McMann vs. Karol Rosa
- Chris Gutiérrez vs. Danaa Batgerel
- Matheus Nicolau vs. David Dvořák
- Luis Saldaña vs. Bruno Souza
- Aliaskhab Khizriev vs. Denis Tiuliulin