A pair of very exciting UFC featherweights will throw down later this month.
On Friday, Iridium Sports Agency announced that their client David Onama will replace Lerone Murphy and fight Nate Landwehr in three weeks at UFC Columbus on March 26. The reason for Murphy’s withdrawal has not been revealed.
Onama (9-1) is getting right back to action after picking up his first UFC win. He knocked out Gabriel Benítez in the first round of UFC Fight Night: Walker vs. Hill two weeks ago. “The Silent Assassin” picked up a Performance of the Night for his knockout. Prior to that, he lost a unanimous decision to Mason Jones in his UFC debut. Onama holds a 100% finish rate across his nine wins.
Landwehr (15-4) likely saved his UFC career by upsetting L’udovít Klein last October at UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont. He submitted Klein in the third round with an anaconda choke, picking up a Performance of the Night. “The Train” has alternated wins and losses so far in his career.
UFC Columbus goes down in Columbus, Ohio, at the Nationwide Arena on March 26, 2022. Heavyweights Curtis Blaydes vs. Chris Daukaus headline the card.
The Fight Night event currently looks like this:
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Chris Daukaus
- Askar Askarov vs. Kai Kara-France
- Matt Brown vs. Bryan Barberena
- Nate Landwehr vs. David Onama
- Joanne Wood vs. Alexa Grasso
- Tucker Lutz vs. Seung Woo Choi
- Sara McMann vs. Karol Rosa
- Matheus Nicolau vs. David Dvořák
- Aliskhab Khizriev vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Max Griffin vs. Neil Magny
- Bruno Souza vs. Luis Saldana
- Marc Diakiese vs. Viacheslav Borshchev
- Jennifer Maia vs. Manon Fiorot
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Chris Gutiérrez
- Ilir Latifi vs. Alexey Oleynik