Devonte Smith has a new opponent for March’s UFC 272 card.
Just a day after original opponent Erick “Ghost Pepper” Gonzalez announced that an injury had forced him out of the fight with Smith, Eurosport reported that Ludovit Klein will be stepping in as a replacement.
Klein later confirmed the booking on social media.
Slovakia’s Klein (17-4) joined the UFC in 2020, winning his debut via head kick against Shane Young as part of UFC 253. He’d then drop his next two fights, losing a decision to TUF winner Mike Trizano before being submitted by Nate Landwehr last October.
He’ll look to snap that two-fight skid against Smith (11-3), who will also be seeking a return to the win column in the fight. Smith fell to Jamie Mullarkey in his last outing.
UFC 272 is set to unfold at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 5, 2022. The following fights have been reported for the card thus far:
- Colby Covington vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Edson Barboza vs. Bryce Mitchell
- Kevin Holland vs. Alex Oliveira
- Sergey Spivak vs. Greg Hardy
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Maryna Moroz vs. Mariya Agapova
- Jalin Turner vs. Jamie Mullarkey
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
- Tim Elliott vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Jessica Eye vs. Manon Fiorot
- Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Dustin Jacoby
- Devonte Smith vs. Ludovit Klein