A pair of lightweights will most likely be fighting for their job later this month.
MMA DNA was first to report the news that Khama Worthy will fight Jai Herbert on October 23 at UFC Fight Night: Costa vs. Vettori. Both fighters would later confirm the news on social media.
After bursting out on the scene with two fantastic finishes, Worthy (16-8) has dropped two straight. First, he was knocked out by Ottman Azaitar, and most recently by Jamie Mullarkey. Both losses came in under two minutes. Worthy will most likely need a win to stay with the promotion.
Herbert (10-3) will be looking for his first UFC win when he steps into the octagon. Like his opponent, the former Cage Warriors lightweight champion was also finished in his two last fights. Francisco Trinaldo knocked him out back in 2020, then Renato Moicano submitted him this past June.
UFC Fight Night: Costa vs. Vettori will take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV, on October 23 and broadcast on ESPN+.
The October 23 fight card now includes the following reported bouts:
- Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards
- Randa Markos vs. Lívia Renata Souza
- Jeff Molina vs. Daniel Lacerda
- Gregory Rodrigues vs. Jun Yong Park
- Mason Jones vs. Alan Patrick II
- Jonathan Martinez vs. Aaron Phillips
- Nick Negumereanu vs. Ike Villanueva
- Alex Caceres vs. Seung Woo Choi
- Dwight Grant vs. Gabriel Green
- Grant Dawson vs. Rick Glenn
- Tabatha Ricci vs. Maria de Oliveira Net
- Khama Worthy vs. Jai Herbert